Aug 27, 2008

From Google Adwords to Affiliate Marketing

Welcome to the blog and it's a pleasure to share my ideas with you from today.

Recently I am lucky enough to find a position at DHgate.com, after working for Google Adwords' biggest authorised reseller, China Enterprise (CE) DongLi. My experience in CE Dong Li was rather interesting, being a Google Adwords Consultant there, I witnessed a variety of perspectives about Google Adwords as well as attitudes toward online marketing. Some were great, but some were rather ridiculous. However, this is largely because of the poor company culture of CE DongLi, sales people there are the asset and they use all kinds of methods to sell, sell and sell so they can keep getting commissions. This brought a large customer group in which no one is really suited to use Google Adwords to advertise.

The Chinese e-commerce development has not got a long history. Most Chinese enterprises are just trying to copy the style of their western counterparts. The quality of using the Internet to develop businesses, both domesticly and globally, is significantly impacted by people's education and income level across different geographical areas. While enterprises in Shanghai often have established well-presented website and integrate online advertising into their marketing strategy and public relations, you will find those from less developed areas have very narrow ideas about utilizing Google Adwords.

One of the cases I experienced was that a local shoe manufacturer complained about the ineffective of Google Adwords, simply because there was no order received. The truth was that no visitors were allowed to see the product photos on the landing page unless they go through a boring process to register as a member. The purpose. according to the owner, was to prevent their commerical secrets from being stolen by their competitors......

Now jumping from Adwords into the affiliate marketing in a B2B platform company, I feel even more challenging to help our Chinese suppliers to successfully introduce their products to the West. Of course, I think the company is certainly more professional than a Google's reseller regarding how to create a win-win relationship between Western buyers and Chinese sellers.

2 comments:

mydailypassiveincome said...

Hi, Thanks. Nice to see your blog and I am impressed. Yes we can share ideas. I will soon be going to write more about affiliate marketing, adwords, adsense etc.

All the best for your new blog. Put a comment on the left panel chat box when you visit next so that I can answer your query, Thanks.

blogger said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting. Actually I build the blog as an accompany blog for my book about blogging too. Yes, I just released a book in my country. I hope we can share ideas about internet marketing. Not to mention you are a real practician. Please do share.

Btw, if you're posting in English I think it's better to use the Blogger interface also in English. I'm a bit confuse seeing all those kanji letters ^^;;